A European based nuclear research lab uses two Gemco Valves in an airlock arrangement for process containment.
They specified a control panel with push buttons to operate each valve separately but interlocked so two valves cannot be open at the same time.
The interlock override switch was mounted internally in the panel so only authorized personnel could override the safety interlock.
Additional features included:
- Stainless steel enclosure
- Accepts 200 Volt AC power drop and reduces power to a safe 24 Volt DC control power.
- Illuminated push buttons with legend plates
- Two-position switch on the panel face to manually select between local panel control and remote PC control using a PLC with MODBUS protocol.
- All components CE marked.